The Information We Collect, How We Collect It, And How We Use It
We may collect different types of personal and other information based on your use of our products and services and our business relationship with you. Some examples include:
- Contact Information that allows us to communicate with you -- including your name, address, telephone number, and e-mail address;
- Equipment, Performance, WellDoc Website Usage, Viewing and other Technical Information about your use of our network, services, products or websites.
We collect information in three primary ways:
- You give it to us when you purchase or interact with us about a product or service we offer or provide;
- We collect it automatically when you visit our websites or use our products and services;
- We obtain it from other sources.
We may use the information we collect in a variety of ways, including to:
- Provide you with the best customer experience possible;
- Provide the services you purchase, and to respond to your questions;
- Communicate with you regarding service updates, offers, and promotions;
- Deliver customized content and advertising that may be of interest to you;
- Address network integrity and security issues;
- Improve our level of Service; and
- Provide notifications on the latest site features.
Online Activity Tracking and Advertising
- We collect information about your activity on WellDoc websites for a number of purposes using technologies such as cookies, Flash cookies, Web beacons, widgets and server log files. To limit the use of Flash cookies from our site, simply right-click on our site and adjust the Adobe Flash Player settings bar under "Local Storage" to your desired setting.
- We and our non-WellDoc advertising partners use that information, as well as other information they have or we may have, to help tailor the ads you see on our sites and to help make decisions about ads you see on other sites.
- We may use your IP address and information about the site pages you visit to gather broad demographic information, interests and behaviors to gain a better understanding of our customers and site users. For example, information may be used to analyze and improve our site design and functionality.
With WellDoc Affiliates: Subject to applicable legal restrictions, the WellDoc affiliates may share your Personal Information with each other to make sure your experience is as seamless as possible, and you have the full benefit of what WellDoc has to offer.
With Non-WellDoc Affiliates: We share your Personal Information only with non-WellDoc affiliates that perform services on our behalf, and only as necessary for them to perform those services.
- We require those non-WellDoc affiliates to protect any Personal Information they may receive in a manner consistent with this policy.
In Other Circumstances: We may provide Personal Information to non-WellDoc affiliates or other third parties for purposes such as:
- Complying with court orders, requests by government agencies and law enforcement officials and other legal process or exercising our legal rights to defend against legal claims;
- To assist with identity verification, and to prevent fraud and identity theft;
- Enforcing our agreements and property rights; and
- Obtaining payment for products and services, including the transfer or sale of delinquent accounts to third parties for collection.
Anonymous & Aggregate Information
- We collect some information on an anonymous basis. We also may anonymize the personal information we collect about you.
- We obtain aggregate data by combining anonymous data that meet certain criteria into groups.
- When we employ non-WellDoc affiliates to anonymize or aggregate data on our behalf, the requirements for sharing Personal Information with non-WellDoc affiliates apply.
- We may share aggregate or anonymous information in various formats with trusted non-WellDoc entities, and may work with those entities to do research and provide products and services.
- Our websites are not designed to attract children under the age of 13.
- We do not knowingly collect personally identifying information from anyone under the age of 13 unless we first obtain permission from that child's parent or legal guardian.
Safeguarding Your Information: Our Policy on Data Protection and Security
- We do not sell your Personal Information to anyone for direct marketing purposes without your consent. Period.
- We maintain information about you in our business records while you are a customer, or until it is no longer needed for business, tax, or legal purposes.
- We have implemented encryption or other appropriate security controls to protect Personal Information when stored or transmitted by WellDoc.
- We require non-WellDoc affiliates acting on our behalf to protect any Personal Information they may receive in a manner consistent with this Policy. We do not allow them to use such information for any other purpose.
How Can You Control Your Personal Information?
- We believe that choice in how and when you are contacted is key to customer satisfaction, so we offer several ways for you to update your contact information, change your preferences, or opt out of receiving future communications.
- If you have an online account at one of our websites, you may be able to log on and update or change your contact or account information. Check the site for further information.
- You may unsubscribe to any of our online e-mail updates by following the unsubscribe instructions in the body of any e-mail message.
- You also may write to us directly if you wish to: (a) update or delete your contact information; (b) ask that we not share your personal information with third parties; or (c) request that we cease sending you promotional or other information via mail or e-mail. Such written requests should be sent to WellDoc Attn: Legal, 1501 St. Paul Street, Suite 118, Baltimore, Maryland 21202. In those instances, we will retain your information in a "do not promote" file in our database.
- We will take commercially reasonable steps to implement your opt-out requests promptly, but you may still receive promotional information from us by mail for up to 60 days due to printing and mailing schedules, and up to 10 days for e-mail.
Third Parties and Links
- In the event that you provide personal information to any third party via any WellDoc website or any offer made available to you by WellDoc, you understand that WellDoc is not responsible for such third parties' use or misuse of your personal information. You should review the privacy and information sharing practices of such third parties. Additionally, WellDoc may offer links to or from websites it controls to other sites within the WellDoc family as well as to sites operated by third parties. We offer links to third party sites so that you can conveniently visit our vendors and advertisers or locate other content likely to be of interest. We are not responsible for the content, practices or policies of sites operated by third parties and urge you to inquire about them before providing any personally identifiable information. You further acknowledge and agree that WellDoc shall not be responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for any damage or loss caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with use of or reliance on any such content, goods or services available on or through any such site or resource.
Your California Privacy Rights
California Civil Code Section 1798.83 entitles California customers to request information concerning whether a business has disclosed Personal Information to any third parties for the third parties' direct marketing purposes. California customers who wish to request further information about our compliance with this law or have questions or concerns about our privacy practices and policies may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or write us at Legal, 1501 St. Paul Street, Suite 118, Baltimore, Maryland 21202.
Effective Date: April 2011