Columbia, Maryland, June 8, 2017 – WellDoc®, the leading digital health technology company revolutionizing chronic disease management, announced today that its team of digital health and diabetes expert thought leaders will speak and/or participate in panel discussions this summer at prominent diabetes and informatics conferences. The list of events is as follows:
American Diabetes Association (ADA) 77th Scientific Sessions
June 9 – 13, 2017, San Diego Convention Center, San Diego, CA
WellDoc’s thought leaders will present two posters and participate in a panel discussion:
- “Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics: Systematic Review of Medical Nutrition Therapy for Type 1 and Type 2 Diabetes in Adults Effectiveness: Glycemia, Cardiovascular Disease Risk Factors, Weight Management, Quality of Life, and Impact on Diabetes Related Medications,” at 12:00 p.m. PT on June 12. WellDoc’s Director of Clinical innovation Janice MacLeod, MA, RDN, LDN, CDE, and Senior Manager of Clinical and Product Content Design Catherine Brown, MS, RDN, CDE will present from WellDoc, along with others.
- “Population Health Diabetes Education: The Role of Digital Health and Patient Generated Health Data” at 12:00 p.m. PT on June 11. WellDoc’s Medical Director Mansur Shomali, MD, CM; Vice President of Clinical Advocacy Malinda Peeples, RN, MS, CDE; and Ms. MacLeod will present from WellDoc, along with others.
- WellDoc CEO Kevin McRaith will participate in a panel discussion during the DiaTribe Foundation’s after-event program, “Musing Under the Moonlight,” beginning at 12:00 a.m. PT on June 13.
Cowen & Company 2nd Annual FutureHealth Conference
June 21 – 22, 2017, St. Regis Hotel, San Francisco, CA.
Mr. McRaith will participate in the panel
Summer Institute in Nursing Informatics (SINI) 2017
July 11 – 14, 2017, University of Maryland School of Nursing, Baltimore, MD
Ms. Peeples will participate in two sessions on nursing informatics on July 14:
- Distinguished lecture, “Leveraging the Power of Digital Health for Chronic Diseases” at 8:30 a.m. ET (also available via webcast).
- Panel discussion, “Career Progression in Nursing Informatics – To Become a Leader!” at 10 a.m. ET.
Association of American Diabetes Educators (AADE) 17
August 4 – 7, 2017, Indianapolis Convention Center, Indianapolis, IN
WellDoc’s team will be participating in two sessions at this year’s conference:
- Dr. Shomali, Ms. Peeples and Ms. Macleod will present “Population Health Diabetes Education: Leveraging Digital Health and Patient Generated Health Data (PGHD),” at 9:15 a.m. CT on August 6.
- Ms. MacLeod and Ms. Brown, along with others, will present “Effective Nutrition Counseling for Diabetes: Cutting Through the Controversies and Discovering the Evidence,” at 3:45 p.m. CT on August 5.
WellDoc® is the leading digital health company revolutionizing chronic disease management to help transform lives. Our groundbreaking technology is guiding individuals through the complicated journey of living with chronic diseases, with a goal of improving their health and helping them to be more balanced. We are the first digital health company based on a life science business model, and our foundation is built on randomized clinical trials that demonstrate significant clinical outcomes. We have mastered diabetes management by taking an aggressive and innovative approach that utilizes sophisticated logic and precise algorithms, and integrates the most advanced mobile technology, behavioral insight, and diabetes education for those living with type 2 diabetes. Our FDA-cleared, proven digital therapeutic, BlueStar®, provides real-time and timely individualized coaching and support, as well as diabetes educational tools that are actionable and personal. Our clinical evidence shows a 1.7 to 2.0 point A1C reduction for adults living with type 2 diabetes who used BlueStar®. For more information, visit www.WellDoc.com and www.BlueStarDiabetes.com.