How to track your exercise
Regular exercise is important for everyone, including people with chronic conditions. Not only can it improve how you feel — in body and in mind —but it can also help you manage your condition. And exercise has a long lasting impact on glucose readings – it can lower blood glucose levels for up to 24 hours.Fitness or exercise doesn’t have to mean running marathons or lifting weights. It can be anything that involves movement – walking, gardening, dancing – they’re all great activities to keep you feeling your best.
- Remember to start slowly and build your routine gradually. Warm up with a brisk walk or stretching.
- Build a routine that you’re comfortable with and that you’ll be motivated to continue.
- Check out the app’s resources for suggestions on routines and how to get started.
- For optimal results, track your exercise every day.
- The more data you capture, the better you and your care team can track and understand your health.
- Add notes to your exercise entries.
- No note is too small. How are you feeling? How did you feel when you were exercising? Did something hurt? Any achievements you’d like to share? It’s all useful health information for your care team.
- Notes can be shared regularly with your care team. They’ll also be provided with the data in the SMART Visit Report™.
- The more notes you include, the better you and your care team can track and understand your health.
- Consider adding notes and recording exercise entries at the same time you’re recording other health data — to keep everything easy, simple, and consistent.
- Share your results with your health care team, as meds may need to be adjusted.
You can capture exercise data in multiple ways: You can add it manually or you can upload it from an activity tracker, or you can use a combination of both. Activity trackers do not directly connect via Bluetooth but data is synced from the fitness tracker’s account.
If you’re using an activity tracker, follow the instructions here.
From the Home Screen:
- Go: Home → + (Plus) sign → Activity → Activity Type → Activity Duration
- Visit the Logbook to see your entries from the main menu and monitor your progress over time.
You will need to login with your device credentials. Be advised that you can only connect with one activity device or app at a time. In other words, if you choose to connect to another device or app, the user will need to first disconnect from the current device or app you are using.