The digital health industry is now faced with incredible challenges and opportunities because of COVID-19. The workplace has changed too, and while many of us navigate through remote work, we are seeing more and more webinars and virtual events for the digital health industry to communicate, collaborate, and innovate together.
Our Chief Strategy Officer, Dr. Anand K. Iyer, PhD, MBA, participated in the following webinars and panels. Here’s a brief recap as well as links to recordings in case you missed it. (Please note that some recordings are private for events attendees and require login)
Welldoc: Using Digital Health Technology to Improve Population Health Outcomes During COVID-19 & Beyond
- Anand joined panelists Vanessa Guzman, Associate Vice President, Montefiore Health, and Susan Hawkins, Senior Vice President of Population Health, Henry Ford Health System, to discuss how health systems are using digital health technology to enhance the quality of virtual care during COVID-19.
Institute for Defense and Business: COVID Pandemic and the New Normal for Logistics
- This panel discussed the COVID-19 pandemic as it relates to technology, healthcare, and logistics supply chains and how to best prepare for future outbreaks. Anand joined Gen. Paul Kern, Senior Counselor at Chen Group and former Commanding General of the U.S. Army Materiel Command, and Jim Brunke, President & CEO at Kalogridis International and retired Senior Executive at The Boeing Company.
ATA 2020: The Digital Therapeutics (DTx) Experience Chain™ A Framework to Optimize Scale, Value and ROI from Digital Therapeutics
- This panel explored where we are now and how digital health solutions may develop, particularly in post a COVID-19 world, with unique perspectives from panelists including Chris Wasden, Happify Health; Sarah Jackson, Click Therapeutics; and Charles Rhyee, Cowen Research.
ATA 2020: Digital Therapeutics’ Evolution
- Anand presented a framework to optimize scale, value and ROI, taking lessons from chronic care in a remote world.
DTx Alliance: Digital Therapeutics in COVID-19-Impacted Healthcare
- Mette Dyhrberg, CEO Mymee; David Klein, CEO Click Therapeutics; Eddie Martucci, CEO Akili Interactive; and Alex Waldron, CEO Pear Therapeutics, came together to share insights and lessons learned during COVID-19. Anand shared his thoughts on focusing on the patient, provider, reimbursement mechanism, and data systems.
In addition to these webinars, our team has attended and engaged in many insightful discussions throughout the digital health industry. If you’re looking for more, here are some recordings we would recommend.
- HLTH: COVID-19 Updates with the American Telemedicine Association
- eHealth Initiative: Rapidly Deployed Remote Monitoring for COVID-19
- Fierce Healthcare: Six things health organizations should be considering (but might not be)
- diaTribe: 14th Annual Diabetes Forum
What’s next? Webinars and virtual events aren’t going anywhere! Here’s what is coming up and can’t be missed for digital health:
- Welldoc: Digital Health is Health: A Discussion on Remote Care, Reimbursement, & Real-World Results (Thursday, July 23 at 1:00 PM EST)